Lentinus polychrous Lev

อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป Go down

Lentinus polychrous Lev

ตั้งหัวข้อ  packdee58 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:49 pm

“I harvest these mushrooms every six hours – four times a day. Each time I harvest it takes me about two hours for five to ten kilograms,” Mr.Tom told me proudly. Growing these mushrooms is an around-the-clock operation, more time-intensive than milking cows. “The cold season doesn’t produce as many mushrooms as during the summer, but fewer mushrooms means I can sell them for a higher price. Now it is cold season, and I can sell one kilogram for 100 baht.” These mushrooms are a money maker, and allows Mr. Tom to provide for his family while working from home. Mr. Tom is a self-taught mushroom farmer who has been growing mushrooms for over ten years.

He specializes in “Hed Khon Khao,” as it is called in Thai, or Lentinus squarrosulas Mont. This variety of mushrooms is eaten widely throughout Asia.

This is a homemade pasteurization chamber made from a modified 1000-liter water tank that is heated by fire beneath the tank.

Mr. Tom’s mushroom houses are 4 x 10 meters insulated with two layers of anti-UV plastic sheets and saran shade cloth. He ventilates the house by drawing back the layers to allow better air circulation. He monitors temperatures inside these houses by sense alone without the use of thermometers or sensor equipment.

Virada Chatikul
(Packdee's niece)
www.viradachatikul.com

แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย packdee58 เมื่อ Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 am, ทั้งหมด 1 ครั้ง

packdee58

จำนวนข้อความ : 133

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัว

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Great pictures

ตั้งหัวข้อ  vishal779 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 am

Dear Col. Packdee,
Very nice pictures and great information on the species and the way of cultivation, that home made pasteurization tank is really cost effective one.
The mushrooms do look good but they are too small then the lentinus tigrinus species I grew last summer they are really fast growing mushrooms.
Can you tell us about some recipe that this mushrooms goes good with.
Regards,
Vishal.

vishal779

จำนวนข้อความ : 8

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัว

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

Mok Hed

ตั้งหัวข้อ  packdee58 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 am

Photo credit "http://www.kruaklaibaan.com"

The easiest and tastiest recipe is Mok Hed or "Mushrooms Roasted in Banana Leaf."
Ingredients: Mushrooms, beaten egg, lightly mashed green chilis, hoary basil or Thai basil (add fish or chicken if preferred).
Mix all ingredients together, flavor with salt or fish sauce.
Wrap in banana leaf and roast (or bake in clay oven).

packdee58

จำนวนข้อความ : 133

ดูข้อมูลส่วนตัว

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

อ่านหัวข้อก่อนหน้า อ่านหัวข้อถัดไป ขึ้นไปข้างบน

Permissions in this forum:
คุณไม่สามารถพิมพ์ตอบ